Today, we marked the official launch of The Global Classroom Project: 2011-12; hosting a Launch Webinar attended by 20 teachers from Australia, Canada, France, Brazil, and the United States of America.
In our Launch Webinar, we:
- Explored our history, philosophy, and community goals
- Explained how teachers & students can get involved in the #globalclassroom community
- Explored the purpose of our blog, wiki, and online discussion groups
- Hosted a special presentation about Edmodo in Global Classroom (by @tdallen5 & MrsSchmidtB4)
- Saw teachers making connections with teachers around the world – and in their own backyards!
- Celebrated the launch of our very first global projects!
Our Launch is just the beginning …
As Global Classroom Organisers, we are so proud to see our global dreams becoming a reality. We are witnessing the creation of a global learning community – where our teachers are making global connections, using our online discussion platforms, and planning their very own projects and classroom exchanges.
And we’re about to welcome our students into the #globalclassroom community; creating projects and discussion groups where “kids can talk to kids”, sharing their voices on the world stage.
We feel we’ve created something special … and our launch is just the beginning …
Missed it? Catch the recording!
You can watch our BlackboardCollaborate recording here:
We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below!